If you’re looking for cheap and easy dinner recipes for the family, this cheesy baked tortellini casserole is THE BEST simple weeknight meal for picky eaters!
Who doesn’t love tortellini? Cute pasta stuffed with cheese, yes please. It’s even better when it’s tossed with a creamy meat sauce and then baked with mozzarella and parmesan sprinkled over top.
This cheap and simple dinner recipe is perfect for busy moms and dads, especially on hectic weeknights when that’s all you want to do is eat and relax.
You can use fresh or frozen tortellini, it doesn’t really matter. Other than the pasta you’ll just need 4 basic ingredients: ground beef, pasta sauce, cream cheese and the shredded cheese of your choice to sprinkle over top.
Easy Baked Tortellini Casserole With Ground Beef
- Start by cooking the pasta a la dente according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with a little garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Remove the excess grease from the beef and mix with a 24 ounce jar of marinara or pasta sauce. Add the cream cheese to the mixture and allow it to melt. Stir well and then gently toss your cooked tortellini into the pan.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and then top with shredded mozzarella and grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the center rack of a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes and then bake for an additional 2-3 minutes with the broiler on.
Once this pasta casserole is baked, the cheese gets that nice toasted flavor. Yummy! You really can’t mess this recipe up. It’s so easy and delicious! I like to serve it with garlic bread and caesar salad.
This cheesy and delicious casserole will feed quite a large group or family, but don’t worry if you end up with leftovers. They are just as good for lunch or dinner the next day. Don’t you just love meals that last more than one night!?
Looking for quick and easy dinner recipes for the family? This simple recipe is the BEST meal for busy weeknights. Even your picky eaters will love it! It's made with just a handful of cheap and basic ingredients.
- 1 (20oz) container of refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (24oz) jar of pasta sauce
- 8 (ounces) cream cheese (cubed)
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- seasoning to taste
Cook the pasta a la dente according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the seasoning of your choice (I use salt, garlic powder, pepper & Italian seasoning).
Remove the excess grease from the browned beef and then stir in your tomato sauce and cream cheese. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is well incorporated.
Gently toss your cooked tortellini in with the sauce mixture and then pour it into your casserole dish; Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
Bake uncovered in the center rack of your oven for about 20 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and continue baking for an additonal 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
Enjoy with garlic bread, salad and/or veggies!
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂