A slow cooker dinner recipe that will feed the entire family.
If you’re looking for easy crockpot meals that are sure to be a hit, you’ve got to give this super comforting creamy tortellini soup a try. It’s made with just 6 simple and cheap ingredients that all come together like magic.
I like to serve it with crispy garlic bread and
several a few glasses of wine. It’s quite hearty and satisfying especially during the cold winter months.
You’re going to start off by browning the Italian sausage and draining the grease.
Next, add everything to your slow cooker except for the frozen tortellini and fresh spinach. Give it a good stir so that it all warms and melts evenly.
Cook on low for about 4 hours or until the cream cheese has completely dissolved.
Stir in the spinach and tortellini.
Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
That’s it! It’s SOOO GOOD!! It definitely thickens up quite a bit as it sits which is just how I like it. Thick and creamy.
One of my top 10 easy slow cooker soup recipes! It’s got everything your heart could desire.
If you're looking for easy slow cooker soup recipes, your search ends here. This cheap and simple recipe is a real family pleaser! Even the kids love it. It's made with just 6 simple ingredients: frozen tortellini, sausage, cream cheese, tomatoes, broth and spinach.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (browned & drained)
- 2 (15oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (32oz container)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 (20oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
Add the browned, chopped and drained sausage, chicken broth, both cans of diced tomatoes, and cubed cream cheese to your slow cooker. Give it a good stir and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until the cream cheese has completely dissolved.
Stir in the spinach and frozen tortellini and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is done to your liking.
Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The tortellini will continue to cook if it's left in the crockpot to warm, so it's best served right away with any remaining stored in the fridge for later.
- You can also use the refrigerated tortellini, just keep in mind that it may cook a little bit faster.
- Feel free to add anything else to the soup that you'd like. You can add a little minced garlic to the sausage while it's browning if you have it on hand. You can also add cayenne or red pepper if you like it spicy.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂