Just 4 ingredients to make this amazing ground beef family dinner recipe.
Anyone else trying to feed picky eaters? Don’t you just love it when you spend so much time planning and making dinner only for everyone to complain. Arg! Well, I have some good news for you. This quick and easy dinner casserole is made with simple and cheap ingredients, takes very little time to prepare, and my entire family always goes back for seconds.
Not only is it incredibly yummy, it also has a short and budget friendly shopping list: ground beef, pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese and seasoning to taste. I know, that doesn’t sound like much, but when it all comes together it’s like eating a cheeseburger out of a pan, which is very comforting especially in the cold winter months.
SOOO cheesy and delicious! I like to serve this pasta casserole with salad or broccoli (whatever I have on hand) just so that I can consider it somewhat healthy. I always feel guilty if there isn’t at least a little bit of green included with dinner.
I can’t think of a more budget friendly and family pleasing meal, plus it makes enough to have leftovers the next day for lunch or dinner. Two meals in one! That’s always a bonus.
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
- You’ll start by cooking and draining the pasta according to the package directions.
- Next, brown the beef in a large skillet with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. You could also throw in a diced onion if you’d like.
- Once the beef is brown, toss the pasta shells, tomato soup, a little water, and half of the cheese in with the beef, and then mix it all up.
- Pour the mixture into a large 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Top it with the remaining cheese and then bake covered with foil in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the cheese. I also like to turn the oven to broil for the last few minutes to make it a little toasty.
This easy casserole makes enough to serve 6-8 people, depending on the appetites. We usually have leftovers the next day, and it’s just as good reheated in the microwave.
I suppose you could also top it with a little sour cream, diced tomatoes, jalapeños, or anything else you’d like but it really doesn’t need it. It’s surprisingly packed full of flavor considering it only has a few ingredients.
Are you looking for quick and easy dinner recipes for your family? This simple casserole dish is perfect for busy weeknights, picky eaters and hungry husbands! It's not only delicous, it's also budget friendly, easy to make and a family favorite. It's made with just ground beef, pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese and seasoning to taste. Yum!
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- garlilc, salt & pepper to taste
Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease and 9x13 baking dish.
In a large skillet, brown and chop the ground beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper (or any seasoning of your choice).
Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water and HALF of the cheese to your skillet with the browned beef; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
Pour the mixture into your greased dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes (I also like to turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese).
Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You don't have to use mozzarella for this dish if you'd rather use 100% cheddar instead. Your preference! I like the mozzarella because it makes the cheese stringy.
- You can also add a diced onion or onion powder to the beef mixture. My family doesn't care much for onion, so I leave it out.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂