The crispy, crumbly spice cake on top of this easy fall dessert recipe is the perfect compliment to the sweet pumpkin pie on the bottom. Add a dollop of whipped cream, and you’ve got some happy tummies. It certainly makes traditional pumpkin pie seem a little boring.
This amazing treat is also incredibly quick and easy to make using boxed spice cake mix and melted butter poured over top. Yum! Your family won’t be disappointed.
1. Start by mixing the canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the dry spice cake mix over top.
4. Drizzle the melted butter all over.
5. Bake for about an hour, and you’re done! I prefer to serve this cake chilled (just like pumpkin pie) with whipped cream slathered all over.
If you're looking for Thanksgiving dessert ideas, your entire family will approve of this pumpkin pie dump cake! It's a fun, creative and delicious spin on traditional pumpkin pie, plus it's made with simple ingredients that make it a breeze to throw together.
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 2 sticks butter (melted)
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and 9x13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until smooth and well combined.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into your greased baking dish.
Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over top.
Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Let cool on the counter for at least an hour and then cover and place in the fridge.
Slice and serve with whipped cream.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂