It’s not easy to find last minute, low carb dinner recipes that you can throw together when you’re tired and hungry, especially when you don’t feel like eating a block of cheese. This amazing one pan meal is perfect for weeknight dinners and only requires a few simple and cheap ingredients including andouille sausage and a small head of cabbage.
The best quick and easy low carb dinner recipe for busy weeknights!
This easy recipe is a regular part of my weekly meal plan because I can throw it together super fast when we don’t have dinner plans. The sausage and cabbage stay fresh in the fridge for a long time, and the rest of the ingredients I always have on hand.
1. Slice the sausage into coins and cook with a smidge of oil in a pan over medium-high heat until the sausage starts to brown.
2. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside; add the butter and garlic to the pan. Sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds in the butter and sausage grease, and then stir in your chopped cabbage and seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage becomes tender to your liking.
3. Stir the cooked sausage back into the pan with your cabbage… and you’re done! This is one of my favorite last minute meals to make because it’s almost effortless and only takes about 15 minutes to make.
I know it doesn’t sound like much, but sausage and cabbage go together like peanut butter and jelly, and the sausage is full of fat and incredible flavor so you don’t need much else to make this dish delicious. I prefer the cajun sausage because I like things spicy, but you can use any flavor you’d like!
If you're looking for last minute, healthy and low carb dinner recipes, you've got to add this one pan meal to your menu! It's so simple and cheap to make with just a few ingredients, yet is packed full of amazing flavor that you don't have to feel guilty about.
- 1 (13oz) package of cajun andouille sausage (sliced)
- 1 small head of cabbage (cored & chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pan, cook the sausage with about 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until the sausage starts to brown. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
Add a tbsp of butter to your pan and sauté the garlic in the butter and sausage grease for about 30 seconds.
Add the chopped cabbage to the pan along with your seasoning (go easy on the salt and do a taste test later as the sausage already has lots of it). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender to your liking. This should take 3-6 minutes.
Add the cooked sausage back to the pan, stir, and allow it to heat for another minute or two.
Don’t forget to pin and save this easy keto dinner recipe for later! 🙂