A healthy, easy and low carb cauliflower rice recipe that is really simple to make with just a handful of ingredients!
This quick and easy cauliflower rice recipe is better than mac n’ cheese. I’m not kidding. Not only is it incredibly delicious, it’s low in carbs and keto-friendly. No guilt here! Serve it with chicken, steak, fish or anything else you’d like. Either way, it’s soon going to be your new favorite low carb side dish for just about every meal.
It’s made with just frozen cauliflower rice, butter, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, milk and seasoning to taste. After you partially cook the cauliflower rice in the microwave, you just toss everything together in a sauté pan and let it all melt together into cheesy cauliflower goodness.
How To Make Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Rice… with FROZEN CAULIFLOWER! Easy peasy.
- Start off by cooking the cauliflower in the microwave according to the package directions, only shave off a few minutes of the cook time since you’ll be adding it to a sauté pan to cook further.
- Meanwhile, melt about 1 tbsp of butter in a pan set to medium heat.
- Add the mostly cooked cauliflower rice to the pan and stir it all up with the butter, tossing it for a few minutes. Season the rice to your taste (I use about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and little salt and pepper).
- Next, add 1/4 cup milk, 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and 2 ounces of cream cheese.
- Lower the heat a bit and mix everything together with a spoon until it’s well incorporated.
This is where it starts smelling and looking really GOOD. I could probably eat the entire pan myself.
That’s it. Now dig in! Even though this cauliflower rice is keto and low carb, the entire family will love it– even carb lovers. I promise. It’s a fabulous replacement for rice, potatoes, pasta or any other starch.
This amazing cauliflower side dish makes about 6 generous servings, so you may even end up with a little left over for the next day. That’s always a bonus.
Here’s a close up of this quick and easy keto cauliflower rice recipe. Try not to drool all over the place. Or just go ahead! I don’t care.
Looking for quick and easy low carb side dish recipes other than just veggies? You would never guess that this simple cheesy cauliflower rice is anything close to a vegetable! It's basically a healthy comfort food, plus it's low carb, keto-friendly and absolutely delicious. The entire family will love it. Serve it with chicken, beef, steak, pork, bbq, fish or any other meal.
- 1 (20oz) bag frozen cauliflower rice (or 4-5 cups)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese (about 4 tbsps)
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
Microwave the cauliflower rice according to the package directions, only shave off a few minutes of cook time since you will be further cooking it in a pan.
Meanwhile, melt about 1 tbsp of butter in a sauté pan on your stove set to medium heat.
Add the mostly cooked cauliflower rice to the pan and stir it all up with the butter, tossing it for a few minutes. Season the rice to your taste (I use about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and little salt and pepper).
Add the milk, cheddar cheese and cream cheese to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low; mix everything together until it's melted and well incorporated.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂