Looking for fun and unique cookie ideas? These quick and easy 3 ingredient Carrot Cake Mix Cookies (Plus a cream cheese frosting) are absolutely incredible, and perfect for any spring or Easter party! They’re made with just a box of Betty Crocker carrot cake mix, 2 eggs, half a cup of oil, and store-bought cream cheese frosting.
These cake mix cookies may be ridiculously simple to make, but don’t let that fool you. They are super moist, soft and delicious. My husband thought they were better than any carrot cake he’s ever had.
You can make them as traditional cookies with the frosting on top or even sandwich the cream cheese frosting in-between two cookies. Up to you!
Easy Carrot Cake Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting (Made With A Box of Betty Crocker Cake Mix)
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- cream cheese frosting (about half of a 16oz jar)
- Simply mix the dry cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl until smooth. The batter will be very moist and not quite as thick as traditional cookie dough.
- Grease your hands with a little butter or oil, and make little balls of dough and place them on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. I was able to fit about 12 cookies on each baking sheet with a little extra room.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9-12 minutes. Let them cool completely before adding the cream cheese frosting. If you’re in a hurry you can place them in the fridge or freezer for a bit.
How About Mix-Ins? Yes! Add anything to the cookie batter that you’d like.
- coconut flakes
- white chocolate chips
I definitely recommend adding some chopped pecans to either the batter or on top of the cookies for added crunch. You could also sprinkle the frosting with a little nutmeg or cinnamon, or get super fancy and frost a carrot on top with a little orange and green frosting!
These cookies are VERY rich and heavenly. Better than carrot cake! They’re perfect for any spring or Easter party, plus they’re much easier to serve and eat than traditional cake.
Just 3 simple ingredients (plus a store-bought cream cheese frosting)! These quick, easy, soft and delicious carrot cake mix cookies are made with a box of Betty Crocker carrot cake mix, eggs and oil. Top with cream cheese frosting, and you've got the most delicous treat on the planet. These unique cookies are perfect for any spring or Easter party because they are much easier to serve and eat than traditonal carrot cake.
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 (160z) jar cream cheese frosting
- mix-ins or toppings of your choice (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, eggs and oil until smooth (the dough will be very moist). Fold in any optional mix-ins.
Grease your hands with a little oil or butter, and place about 12 little balls of dough onto each baking sheet.
Bake for 9-12 minutes or until they are set in the middle.
Allow them to cool completely before frosting (you can place them in the fridge or freezer if you're in a hurry).
Looking for mix-in ideas? Chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, raisins or coconut flakes are all traditional carrot cake ingredients. You could also mix in some white chocolate chips if you don't plan on frosting the cookies (I wouldn't use more than a cup of total mix-ins). You can alternatively just top the cookies with chopped nuts.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂