This easy banana bread is SO moist and delicious you would never guess that it’s made with just 3 simple ingredients! Feel free to add in the mix-ins of your choice (chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, beef jerky, etc.) to make it even more tasty. You can also make the batter into muffins so that it’s easier to eat on-the-go.
… add in the mix-ins of your choice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large bananas (more if it's dry)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 handful chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line or spray 2 small bread loaf pans.
In a large bowl, smash the bananas with a fork.
Add the cake mix and eggs, and mix well.
Evenly distribute the cake batter into the prepared loaf pans. Top with chocolate chips if you are using them.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not follow the cake instructions on the box. You only need the actual cake mix, bananas and eggs.
- Feel free to add in the mix-ins of your choice! Walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
- Other flavors of cake mix work fabulously as well! Try this recipe with the spice cake, chocolate cake or butter pecan flavors.
- You can also make the batter into muffins, just adjust the cook time. You could probably cut it in half.
- The batter doesn't quite fit into my loaf pans which is why I make 2 small loaves with this recipe. If you have a larger pan, you might be able to fit it into one. Keep in mind, it will probably need more cook time.
Delicious banana bread doesn’t get any easier than this. SO TASTY!