This easy banana bread is so moist and delicious, you would never guess that it’s made with just 3 simple ingredients. Feel free to add in the mix-ins of your choice to make it even more tasty (chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, etc.). You can also make the batter into muffins so that it’s easier to eat on-the-go.
I’ve made many banana bread recipes in my time, and this cake mix version is just as good (if not better) than the complicated recipes I’ve tried. There’s just something about the boxed cake mix that gives it a super yummy texture. In fact, you could use any flavor of cake mix, even chocolate!
Simply mix the DRY cake mix with about 3 large, very ripe bananas and 2 eggs. Spread the batter evenly into 2 small greased bread loaf pans and bake in a 350 oven for 25-35 minutes. Voila! The BEST banana bread, ever.
… add in the mix-ins of your choice.
A quick & easy banana bread recipe made with just 3 ingredients: cake mix, bananas and eggs. Simple, moist and delicious! You can also optionally add in chocolate chips, walnuts, cinnamon, vanilla or anything else you'd like.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large ripe bananas (more if it's dry)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 handful chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or spray 2 small bread loaf pans.
In a large bowl, smash the bananas with a fork.
Add the cake mix and eggs; mix well.
Evenly distribute the cake batter into the prepared loaf pans. Top with chocolate chips, walnuts or anything else you'd like (optional).
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not follow the cake instructions on the box. You only need the actual cake mix, bananas and eggs.
- Feel free to add in the mix-ins of your choice! Walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
- Other flavors of cake mix work fabulously as well! Try this recipe with the spice cake, chocolate cake or butter pecan flavors.
- You can also make the batter into muffins, just adjust the cook time. You could probably cut it in half.
- The batter doesn't quite fit into my loaf pans which is why I make 2 small loaves with this recipe. If you have a larger pan, you might be able to fit it into one. Keep in mind, it will probably need more cook time.
Moist & delicious banana bread doesn’t get any easier than this. Don’t forget to pin and save for later. 🙂