All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. This is why I LOVE Sundays! I’m talkin’ pancakes, coffee, pajamas and Netflix all day. And, during the Fall, I really can’t get enough pumpkin spice– breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert! I also prefer a pumpkin spice candle to be lit all day while I enjoy all of the pumpkin madness.
Even though I DO love me some pumpkin, I’m also super lazy. Especially in the morning. If you catch me making breakfast, it’s because I’m whipping up an easy, painless, low ingredient meal…. JUST like these pumpkin pie pancakes! Other than the pumpkin pie filling, I always have the other ingredients on hand, so they’re a breakfast staple for my family in the Fall. They’re incredibly fluffy and delicious!
Pancakes make people happy.
- 2 cups Bisquick (original baking mix)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix (NOT 100% pumpkin puree)
- 3/4 cup or more of milk
- 1 large egg
Whisk the egg in a large bowl, and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Grease a pan or griddle with butter or cooking spray, and set heat to medium-high.
Once hot, pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto your pan or griddle.
Cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles form in the batter.
Flip and cook an addition 2-3 minutes.
Top with your favorite syrup, chopped pecans and/or whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!
- Keep in mind, canned pumpkin pie filling has added spices and sugar. If you're using 100% pumpkin pie puree, you will need to add pumpkin pie spice and sweetener.
- Sometimes I sneak in a few tbsp of flax meal for added fiber and nutrition.
- I also like the added crunch of chopped pecans, and sometimes throw a handful into the batter before grilling.
- Use any leftover pumpkin pie mix to make this easy caramel pumpkin pie cheesecake dip, or mix a little into your morning oatmeal, throw it into a smoothie, or freeze it for later.
Pumpkin pancakes, pajamas, cool weather, hot coffee and sleeping in = Heaven.