The Best Shredded Chicken Sandwiches On The Planet
This easy crockpot shredded chicken is so simple to make with just a few ingredients, and it’s the most addicting thing you’ll ever eat. I mean, how can you possibly go wrong with the combination of cheese, ranch, chicken and bacon?
If you’re looking for easy crockpot recipes that your entire family will love, your search ends here. These delicious chicken sandwiches are perfect for busy weeknight meals or lunch on a weekend at home. Even your kids will be begging you to make this recipe over and over again!
That’s all you have to do is break out your slow cooker and dump in a few chicken breasts, a block of cream cheese, a cup of shredded cheddar, a packet of ranch seasoning and little garlic powder to taste. Set it to LOW and the chicken just falls apart after about 6 hours.
Simply shred the chicken with a couple of forks, cook up a few strips of crispy bacon, and toast hoagie rolls or any sandwich bread in the oven for a few minutes.
Yowzers, this stuff is good! It gets its name for a reason. The chicken is so cheesy and creamy, and pairs perfectly with the crispy bacon, lettuce and toasted sandwich bread.
If you're looking for super yummy crockpot chicken recipes, these cheesy shredded chicken sandwiches are all you need! Your entire family is going to love this simple slow cooker meal. The creamy chicken pairs perfectly with crispy bacon, lettuce and hoagie rolls.
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 6+ slices of cooked bacon
- 6 hoagie rolls
- chopped lettuce for topping
- ranch dressing for topping
Add the chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheddar, packet of ranch, garlic powder and chicken broth to a greased slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
Toast the hoagie rolls in a 450 degree oven for a few minutes, and then scoop on the chicken and top with crispy bacon and lettuce; drizzle with ranch dressing.
- A really crunchy lettuce like romaine, iceberg or cabbage pairs best with the creamy chicken. I also recommend making your bacon extra crispy and not mixing it in with the chicken so that it doesn't get soggy. It makes all the difference!
- The chicken itself is really low carb, so if you're watching your carbs, ditch the bread and serve it over a salad or with these crispy cheddar chaffles.
Don’t forget to pin and save this yummy shredded crockpot chicken for later! 🙂