This easy slow cooker pot roast is made with simple ingredients: brown gravy mix, ranch seasoning mix and a packet of dry Italian salad dressing! Simply throw everything into your crockpot and cook on low for about 5 hours. Add your vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, etc.) and then continue cooking for a few more hours. Dinner is done.
I absolutely love slow cooker recipes that just require a handful of ingredients. It’s so convenient to toss everything in the crockpot in the morning, and then when dinner arrives, that’s all you have to do is eat! I honestly don’t know how I’d survive without this miracle appliance.
This is a dinner recipe that you really can’t mess up. As long as you cook the pot roast slow and low, it turns out tender every time, and the combination of these 3 seasoning mixes makes for the best flavor, EVER.
Onion soup mix is also a popular seasoning for pot roast, so you can definitely use that in place of the ranch seasoning mix if you’d like.
1. Start off by placing a 3-5 pound roast into your slow cooker with about 1.5 cups of water (you can also add in a little red wine if you happen to have a bottle open).
2. Mix all of your seasoning packets together and then pour it over the top of your beef roast.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours and then add your veggies.
4. Continue cooking for an additional 2-3 hours or until the meat falls apart easily.
That’s it! This easy pot roast is absolutely delicious! Everything including the veggies just melt in your mouth. I usually serve it with dinner rolls, and then a few glasses of wine for myself. It’s absolutely heavenly, especially in the cold winter months when you’re craving a hot meal.
Looking for easy crockpot dinner recipes for the family? This simple pot roast is absolutely incredible. Just 4 ingredients: beef roast, ranch seasoning, Italian seasoning & brown gravy mix! I also like to make it with potatoes, carrots and celery but you can add any veggies that you'd like.
- 1 3-5lb beef roast (any kind)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian dressing mix
- vegetables of your choice (I prefer potatoes, carrots and celery)
Place your beef roast into your slow cooker with 1.5 cups of water.
In a small bowl, mix all of the seasoning packets together, and then sprinkle it over your roast.
Cook on low for about 5 hours, and then add your veggies.
Cook for an additional 2-3 hours or until the beef easily pulls apart.
- The size of the seasoning packets don't have to be exact. Some of them are just over an ounce, and some of them are just under (depending on the brand).
- You can also replace half of the water with red wine if you happen to have a bottle open.
- French onion soup mix is also a popular seasoning for pot roast and can be used in place of the ranch.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂