This easy slow cooker pot roast is made with just a few simple ingredients: beef roast, ranch seasoning mix, brown gravy mix, and a packet of dry Italian salad dressing. Simply throw everything into your crockpot and cook on low for about 5 hours. Add your optional vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, etc.) and then continue cooking for a few more hours. Easy peasy!
An Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipe For The Family
I absolutely love slow cooker dinner recipes that just require a handful of ingredients; they are perfect for busy moms and dads on a budget! It’s so convenient to toss everything in the crockpot in the morning, and then when dinner arrives, that’s all you have to do is eat. I honestly don’t know how I’d survive without this miracle appliance.
This is an effortless dinner recipe that you really can’t mess up. As long as you cook the pot roast slow and low, it turns out tender every time, and the combination of these 3 seasoning packets creates outstanding flavor.
Onion soup mix is also a popular seasoning for pot roast, so you can definitely use that in place of the ranch seasoning mix if you’d like.
1. Start off by placing a 3-5 pound beef roast into your slow cooker with about 1 1/2 cups of water (you can also add in a little red wine if you happen to have a bottle open).
2. Mix all of your seasoning packets together and then pour it over the top of your roast.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours and then add your veggies.
4. Continue cooking for an additional 2-3 hours or until the meat falls apart easily.
That’s it! This easy pot roast is absolutely delicious; everything just melts in your mouth. I usually serve it with dinner rolls, and then a few glasses of wine for myself. It’s heavenly in the cold winter months when you’re craving a hot meal.
Are you looking for easy crockpot dinner recipes for your family? This simple pot roast is absolutely incredible. Just 4 ingredients: beef roast, ranch seasoning, Italian seasoning & brown gravy mix. I also like to make it with potatoes, carrots and celery but you can add any veggies that you'd prefer.
- 1 3-5lb beef roast (any kind)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian dressing mix
- vegetables of your choice (I prefer potatoes, carrots and celery)
Place your beef roast into your slow cooker with 1.5 cups of water.
In a small bowl, mix all of the seasoning packets together, and then sprinkle it over your roast.
Cook on low for about 5 hours, and then add your veggies.
Cook for an additional 2-3 hours or until the beef easily pulls apart.
- The size of the seasoning packets don't have to be exact. Some of them are just over an ounce, and some of them are just under (depending on the brand).
- You can also replace half of the water with red wine if you happen to have a bottle open.
- French onion soup mix is also a popular seasoning for pot roast and can be used in place of the ranch.
- If you're on a low carb diet, try this roast with mashed cauliflower!
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂