Easy Almond Flour Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
When you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to make an entire cake, you’ve got to try making this soft and moist cake in your microwave! I almost always have the ingredients on hand, so this simple dessert is perfect for last minute sugar cravings.
This keto mug cake only takes about 5 minutes to make! No baking required, just your handy dandy microwave.
Start off by melting the butter in a small mug, and then add the rest of your ingredients and mix well with a fork. Microwave on high for 60 seconds, and then remove and add sugar-free chocolate chips on top if desired.
Looking for last minute low carb desserts to make? You can't go wrong with a mug cake! This chocolate cake only takes a few minutes to make thanks to your microwave. The perfect no bake dessert when you want something sweet to eat, and you're too lazy and impatient to bake!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp granular low carb sweetener (I use Monkfruit)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
In a small microwave safe mug, melt the butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sweetener, egg and vanilla extract. Mix with a fork until well combined.
Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Add chocolate chips to the top if desired.
- According to my calculations, this mug cake has about 315 calories and 3 net carbs without the chocolate chips.
- Looking for a coconut flour recipe? No problem! Just replace the almond flour with 1 tbsp of coconut flour.
- You could also top this cake with a little peanut butter or keto friendly whipped cream.
Don’t forget to pin and save this easy keto dessert for later! 🙂