I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been much of a pudding fan… it’s just kind of…. well, boring. BUT, if you mix instant pudding with heavy cream instead of milk, you won’t believe the awesomeness it creates! It’s like a mix between a rich fudge and a mousse.
I know that all of that heavy cream doesn’t sound like it should be eaten in such large quantities, but you really only need a tablespoon or two of this decadent dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
It’s like a mix between a rich fudge and a mousse.
You only need a spoonful to satisfy that relentless sweet tooth.
This mousse can also be used as a pie filling, cake icing or fruit dip.
Whip it up in any instant pudding flavor that you wish. It's simply irresistible, and only takes a few minutes to make.
- 1 box instant pudding (any flavor and size)
- 2-3 cups heavy whipping cream
Using a hand mixer, make the instant pudding according to the package directions, only substitute heavy cream for the milk.
After the pudding and heavy cream are well combined, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes, and mix again until it's super thick.
Store it in a covered container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze it! I usually freeze half of it, and refrigerate the rest. It's a really nice, cold treat frozen with a slightly different texture.
- The heavy cream makes the pudding an incredibly rich and decadent dessert. You only need a spoonful at a time! In fact, it's sweet and thick enough to use as an icing or pie filling.
- Try using half milk and half whipping cream for a slightly less thick outcome (or any ratio you'd like).
- If you're watching your sugar intake, try the sugar-free instant pudding-- combined with the heavy cream, it's low in carbs.
- Try using it as a dip or a spread for fruit, cookies or graham crackers.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂