This keto pizza dough recipe is actually easier than regular pizza dough! Trust me, you won’t miss the real thing. Who needs all of those carbs when you can make this easy low carb, gluten-free pizza crust with just 4 simple ingredients? Chances are, you already have them on hand, especially if you’re already following a keto-friendly diet.
“You CAN have abs!” Love, Pizza.
Hard to believe that these 4 ingredients make for such a beautiful pizza crust: almond flour, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and my favorite low carb friend, Mr. Egg.
These low carb kitchen staples come together like magic to make a pizza crust that has the texture and flavor close to the real thing!
You simply melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together in the microwave, and then mix in a beaten egg and the almond flour. Let it cool slightly and then knead it until smooth. Now it’s ready to be flattened into a crust.
Place the dough in between 2 pieces of parchment paper, and roll it out into a 10″ circle.
Pierce the dough a few times with a fork so that it cooks evenly, and then place it in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Add your toppings and continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Done and done. Except for the eating part. Now dig in! You may want to double the recipe if you’re feeding the whole family. My kids can devour the whole thing in one sitting.
This low carb pizza dough is better than the real thing. It's also quick and easy to make, gluten free, keto-friendly and made with simple ingredients: almond flour, mozzarella, cream cheese and an egg. I just love easy dinners like this!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (plus more for topping)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- sauce & pizza toppings of your choice
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, microwave the cream cheese and mozzarella together for 90 seconds, stirring half way through.
Stir in the almond flour and beaten egg to combine (if your dough appears to be too sticky, add in a little more almond flour). Knead with your hands until a dough forms.
Place the dough in between two large pieces of parchment paper and roll the dough out into a 10" circle, or until it's about 1/3 inch thick. (*See tips in the recipe notes below for keeping the dough from sticking to the paper).
Remove the top piece of parchment paper, and place the bottom sheet with the dough on it onto a pizza pan or upside down sheet pan.
Use a fork to pierce lots of holes throughout the dough to help it cook evenly and prevent bubbling.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Remove from the oven and top it with sauce, cheese and the toppings of your choice.
Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. Gobble up. 🙂
- *Before rolling your dough, you can either spray the parchment paper with a little non-stick cooking spray, or sprinkle it with grated parmesan or just a little almond flour to keep it from sticking.
- If you're looking for a low carb pizza sauce, Rao's Pizza Sauce has the lowest net carbs that I've found so far.
- I get a lot of questions about substituting coconut flour for the almond flour. Yes, you can! Keep the recipe exactly the same except use only 1/3 cup coconut flour and add an extra egg. It may also need a little less cook time-- just keep an eye on it.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂