If you’re looking for a party dip that will disappear in seconds, this southwest style 7 layer taco dip is a breeze to put together. And because it’s served cold, you can make it ahead of time, keep it covered in the fridge, and then simply whip it out when it’s time to party. That’s my favorite kind of appetizer!
The base it made with cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning, and then the toppings can be completely customized to your taste. Anything that you would throw in a taco can be sprinkled over top.
This easy party dip is addicting! The crunch of the tortilla chips makes it a marriage made in heaven. Mmm.
Simply mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until well combined. Spread it evenly onto the bottom of a small baking dish, and then top with shredded cheese.
Sprinkle the top with your favorite taco ingredients.
Beans, corn, olives, diced tomato, cilantro, green onions, jalapeños, chili peppers, cotija cheese, avocado, etc.
The combination of everything is absolutely delicious! There are so many flavors and textures going on. Plus, because of the ease and very little prep required to pull this dip together, it’s a go-to party appetizer for me that everyone loves.
This quick and easy cold party dip is my favorite make-ahead appetizer. It's a breeze to throw together and is made with simple ingredients that everyone loves. Serve it with tortilla chips and sombreros. 🙂
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- cilantro or green onion for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
In a medium size bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth.
Spread the mixture onto the bottom of a small baking dish. I used an 11x7 dish, but a 9x9 dish or large round pie dish would work just as well.
Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and then layer the ingredients as desired.
Cover and chill until read to serve.
- Do a taste test of the cream cheese mixture before adding it to the pan. I like to keep the taco seasoning to a minimum so that it's not too salty, but you may prefer more.
- Customize the cheese to your liking. Cheddar or pepper jack would also be tasty choices.
- I serve diced jalapeño peppers on the side so that the kids can enjoy this appetizer, too.
- The amounts of the toppings listed are a general idea. Tailor it to your own liking.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂